10-YEAR RIDER HUB
YOUR SATURDAY SNAPSHOT!
- 6:00 a.m. - Arrive at Exhibition Place for Check-In Services and Breakfast
- 6:30 a.m. - Load the shuttle
- 6:45 a.m. - Shuttle departs to Princess Margaret Cancer Centere
- 7:30 a.m. - All 10-year Riders set off together to Exhibition Place
- 8:00 a.m. - Opening Ceremonies Begins
- 5:00 p.m. - Special toast in The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation/KPMG hospitality tent at Camp
CONGRATULATIONS ON RIDING FOR #10EPICYEARS!
From the first Opening Ceremonies in 2008 to that finish line just last year and all those extraordinary moments in between, you have been with The Ride from the very beginning.
Words cannot express enough the gratitude we feel for each and every one of our 10-year Riders. We thank you for your ongoing dedication to conquering cancer in our lifetime and laud you for the tremendous commitment you have made to this epic cause over the last decade.
WE’RE CELEBRATING YOU WITH A SPECIAL 10-YEAR RIDER ROUTE!
That’s why we will have a special 10-year Rider celebration that begins in Toronto! We hope you’ll be able to join us at the Toronto start line to enjoy all the festivities we’re planning in recognition of our 10-year Riders.
If you can join us, please arrive for check-in and breakfast as usual.* Departing at 6:45 a.m. will be a bike transport and shuttle from Exhibition Place to Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. All 10-year Riders will then set off together at 7:30 a.m. from Princess Margaret Cancer Centre back to Exhibition Place.Exhibition Place/Opening Ceremonies:
100 Princes' Blvd.
Parking Lot 2
Toronto, ON M6K 3C3 Princess Margaret Cancer Centre:
610 University Ave.
Toronto, ON M5G 2M9
Once the group arrives at Exhibition Place for the Opening Ceremonies at 8 a.m., please remain on your bicycle. The Opening Ceremonies will continue until approximately 8:20 a.m. and all 2017 Riders will then commence on the event route!*Please note for drop off that there is another event taking place north of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Queens Park. This might cause delays, as road closures will be in place, so please avoid driving through Queens Park!
CYCLE AND CELEBRATE LIKE ONLY A 10-YEAR RIDER CAN!
Your decade-long commitment to The Ride deserves a special kind of recognition fitting for someone who has spent the last 10 years cycling to conquer cancer in our lifetime… You deserve the platinum helmet!
All 10-year Riders may pick up their platinum helmets from one of the following locations:
- Wednesday, June 7, 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Enercare Centre, Salon 103
- Thursday, June 8, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Enercare Centre, Salon 103
- Friday, June 9, 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Bike Drop Off (Exhibition Place, Parking Lot 2)
- Saturday, June 10, 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, 610 University (10 Year Peloton Start)
- Friday, June 9, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Marriot on the Falls (6755 Fallsview Blvd.)
- Saturday, June 10, 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.: Start Line (7200 Niagara Parkway)
There will also be a limited supply at the Foundation Office (700 University, 10th floor). Please call in advance to book a pickup time.
A TOAST TO 1O YEARS!
But the anniversary festivities won’t stop with your helmet! During event weekend, a special toast will be given to honour all of our 10-year Riders. This exclusive celebration will take place on Saturday, June 10, at 5 p.m. in The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation/KPMG hospitality tent at Camp. We hope to see you there!